Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blah, Blah, Blah

Yes....blah, blah, blah because I don't really have anything planned to write today, not that I ever have but most of the time I have things on my mind that I can go on.

Nice holiday yesterday with the fam fam...did the old hamburgers thing that is a pre-requisite for a successful Memorial Day it seems. Was yummy, as usual with anything I cook...

The countdown to Gatlinburg is at 3 days. We are slowly getting more excited and more excited the closer it comes. We still haven't made an itinerary but if the funds hold up (and doubt they will), we are gonna try to hit Ober Gatlinburg (awesome fun place on top of a mountain), Wonderworks (crazy upside down house with tons of fun activities for the kids....Google it), and MagiQuest (never done it but looks fun and interesting..think Harry Potter). But the main attraction is always the cabin. Can't wait to chill out up there. Btw, we're taking bets on the over/under on how long after we first walk in the cabin to when the first kid is in the hot tub.....I'm thinking around 8 minutes?!?!.....lol

Another perk of that trip is I get to see my birth mom and sister. You see, I was adopted when I was 3 and never really knew for sure until I was in my 20's or 30's that I was. My adopted mom (my real mom forever)passed away in 2007 and it was around that time that I found my biological mom and sister (with help from my wife). She lives about 4-5 hours away and it was a joy to finally meet them. I try to visit as much as I can but with a family life as hectic as mine, that isn't very often. I grew up an only child so it was cool to find out I had an actual sister. We also have a brother that was adopted out there somewhere but we don't know him or if he even knows he was adopted.

On a completely out in left park subject, I was just looking at one of those demotivational poster thingies and it was talking about the fact that a male lion can mate with a female lion 50 consecutive times a day for 3-5 days in a row. And it shown a picture of a girl with a sandwich saying that when a guy can do that, she will then make him a sandwich. Really???......really????.....think about that for a second. 50 consecutive times, 3-5 days in a row. I believe this is a prime example of "Be careful what you wish for...you may not want it"......lol

Anyway, that's enough blah, blah, blah for now. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. i was all like "yay gaitlinburg and oh i didnt know you had found your mom and wow a sister too cool..."...and then you had to add that last paragraph....REALLY....THAT WAS NEED TO KNOW INFO!?

    ReplyDelete